Walkers has a multidisciplinary insurance and reinsurance team that has deep industry experience and offers Bermuda, Cayman and Guernsey legal and regulatory advice on the full scope of insurance matters, including alternative risk transfer and insurance linked securities.
We pride ourselves on individual client service and practical industry expertise in order to help our clients achieve their business goals, seize new opportunities and find solutions to problems. Our team has first-hand insurance experience, which translates into pragmatic, commercial legal advice. We look to build relationships with our clients for the long term acting as their trusted legal advisor for all their legal and regulatory insurance matters. In addition, our team provides contentious and non-contentious re/insurance law advice to policyholders, cedants, reinsurers, and retrocessionaires.
We offer a full suite of legal services to our clients including:
- Legal and regulatory advice in relation to the formation, structuring, licensing, ongoing operation and regulatory compliance of all types of regulated insurance vehicles;
- Alternative risk transfer structures, including catastrophe bonds, sidecars, collateralized insurers and transformers, life settlement transactions, premium financing, longevity swaps, structured product transactions and insurance linked securities;
- Insurtech and fintech development, formation and licensing;
- Financing, collateral arrangements and alternative capital solutions;
- New product advisory and contract wording advice;
- Mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and portfolio transfers, run-offs and winding-ups;
- General advisory, regulatory and compliance work (including AML/ATF, Solvency II and PIPA/GDPR);
- Independent director services and corporate governance advisory;
- Listing Services; and
- Claims coverage advice, dispute resolution and regulatory investigations.