Walkers' trust disputes team offers Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Jersey law advice on a global basis on all contentious matters concerning both trusts and estates.
We act for trustees, protectors, enforcers, executors, beneficiaries and guardians and have advised on numerous large international trust and estate disputes involving:
- Allegations of breach of trust in connection with investment or administrative powers
- Fraud and asset tracing
- Protector issues
- Probate disputes
- Beneficiaries’ requests for disclosure of documents or information
- Approval of compromises and/or proposed exercises of trustee powers
- The mental capacity of a settlor (where that is in doubt)
- Hastings-Bass applications
- Applications for rectification or variation of trusts or for construction of trust documents
- Pension disputes
Additionally, on occasion, we have successfully applied for and obtained prohibitions on the reporting of proceedings where the matter is highly sensitive or confidential or involves high-profile individuals, families or institutions.
We have acted on a number of high-profile trust dispute cases, including but not limited to:
BVI Commercial Court hands down judgment in long-running dispute concerning Lunan Pharmaceutical Group Limite
Confidential litigation concerning whether the primary caregiver of children born by surrogacy can be the Next Friend of Minor Beneficiaries of a BVI Trust